Pages

Monday, June 20, 2011

Do You Ever Stop and Pause to Think About This?



Tom Matlack from Huffington Post wrote an article recently that I really enjoyed: "What's Your Favorite Moment of the Day?"Answers ranged from, "Having the windows open in the morning and listening to the sounds of the lake while I get my kids ready for school", to "I smile at a woman -- a total stranger -- and she smiles back". Tom says he likes to doze off while reading a hefty novel. 

I've "lectured" before about how important I find it to ask yourself things like this. I believe the people who get the most out of life are the ones who stop and appreciate the little things; the friendly cashiers, spontaneous late night road trips, a hot shower after a long day, and cuddling up with a heap of blankets and a pile of movies on a cold rainy day. 

For me? Lingering over glasses of wine with friends, being with my family, laughing to the point of eye-watering, seeing happily married old couples, baking cupcakes (you knew that), and my morning ritual: getting up way earlier than I need to, having a huuuge cup of coffee and writing blog posts for the day. 

***
"In terms of days and moments lived, you'll never again be as young as you are right now. So spend this day, the youth of your future, in a way that deflects regret. Invest in yourself. Have some fun. Do something important. Love somebody extra. In one sense, you're just a kid, but a kid with enough years on you to know that every day is priceless." - Victoria Moran


{photo via Simply Her}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover